Want to look professional, sharp, and stylish at the office? Here are 11 items that you must have!
1. A well-tailored white shirt is the most classic and common top. I love that it not only can be paired with pants and skirt, but also easy to be worn with different colors.
2, A non-Wrinkle blouse. You can choose the creamy, ivory timeless blouses. Or if you already have a lot of basic neutral color pants, skirts, and blazers, add some fun color and prints in your wardrobe.
3, A fit suit is an must have because you can easily pair either piece with other items you have. And for the more formal day, wear them together!
4, A coat that could flatter your body type.
- Tall: A coat with a loose, oversized drop-shoulder is the best option for a taller frame, whether you are curvy or boyish.
- Boyish: look for a coat with a fancy/big collars.
- Busty: a ladylike, tailored coat with a nipped in waist will be the best option for your sexy body.
- Petite: Cropped peacoat is the way to go !
5, Pants. If it’s your first pair of working pants, I recommend to stay with black, navy blue, or some neutral color. Also pay attention with the length of the pants. Make sure it’s perfect for your everyday-shoes.
7. Skirt : again fit your body type and no wrinkle.
- Narrow figure : low cut , narrow skirt will work the best.
- Triangle shape ( Meaning your shoulders are the broadest part of your body): a skirt falls straight or has a flare.
- Has curves: Pencil Skirts is the way to go !
8. A dress can easily transition from day to night, which I call it 9 to 9 dress.
9. Well-made pumps. If you have the extra money to invest ONE nice item in this list, I will say the pumps. You wear them to drive, take the subway, run around, so please do me a favor: don’t let your feet suffer. I have tried ALDO, NINE WEST, ZARA, VINCE, and so many other brands, I personally feel the most comfortable heels I own are from French Connection and Cole Haan. (FYI: Lucky editor-approved pairs of comfortable heels , they are quite expensive for me, but maybe your can find the right heels here! )
10. Flats. Well, you understand.
11. A professional and easy to maintain handbag.
Did I missed anything? Please let me know what’s your favorite item for the workplace! Also get professional outfit inspiration from this Pinterest Board that I just created for you !
Thank you for reading and I hope this post if helpful. If yes, please share it with your friends!! Talk to you soon !